RestaurantsHobart.com has already launched for 1 week, and it has reached 100+ shops and 8000+ unique visitors and more than 10K sessions. In this article, I am going to share some data from RestaurantsHobart.com to you and suggest a few actions you could take in the current circumstance.
While the government announced new restrictions and limits for COVID-19, takeaway and delivery are the only options for restaurants which resulted in a great drop in demand for the whole industry.
Data gathered from RestaurantHobart.com:
- We have peak traffic of nearly 3000 visitors a day for the first day,
- We have 1546 visitors when we were on The Mercury
- The average daily visit is about 1000, but without those peak days, the average is about 650.
- Just for your reference, the top Hobart restaurants normally get 1000s to 3000s website visits per month previously.
- 75.3% of visitors are from Mobile, 8.3% from Tablet and 16.4% from desktop. So make sure your site is mobile friendly.
- Among the 8000 visitors, about 3500 clicked to the listed shops’ website.
- Well-known or high-end restaurants tend to get more traffic than anyone else.
- Most popular restaurants on RestaurantsHobart.com have 3.7% of the visitor share.
- Every time the government announced new measures, the visitor figure drops
- When I did more social marketing on Facebook, the figure seemed to be a little better, it increases about 100 visitors
- When I did social marketing at certain time slots, the figure was better.
- Media exposure is a boomer for visitors, but it only lasts for a couple of days.
- Do social marketing more actively. I will write a blog about how to do social marketing properly if there are enough interests.
- Focus on your local area, letterbox dropping can be an option.
- Focus on a particular segment of customers, e.g. gluten-free, vegan and people in self-isolation.
- Contact your previous customers, if you have an email list.
- Get online ordering website setup
- For the top-end restaurants, you will get benefit from it very quickly.
- For small shops, it’s not the black magic for you, without active marketing, online ordering system itself will not bring many customers to you directly.
- If you need an online ordering setup, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I finally have time to do this.
What could happen next?
- Border restrictions and more decline in demand
- Delivery will become a requirement, other than an option